CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Whew...Halloween Week...done!

What a week!  As I posted on Facebook, anyone who doesn't think a full moon during the week of Halloween won't mess with a 5 year old was welcome to sub in my room for the rest of the week!!
Here's how we made it through!

On Halloween, we had an early release, so after a little "squirrel" break, we only had about 45 minutes before our party started.  We read a big book I made years ago called "What I see on Halloween" (sorry--forgot to snap a pic :( ).  Each page was "I see a ____." then the last page said BOO!  After reading, we brainstormed things we would see on Halloween.   Let me tell you, it was an interesting brainstorm.  This was the first time I heard several things they mentioned.  Most did not make the list!  Here's the brief list:
Then each student made their own copy.  For the most part, I was very pleased with the quality of their drawings and writing.

Then it was party time!  Because it was an early release, our party was short, sweet and to the point.  We made a mummy...
 Ate lunch...
Played a quick game...then went home!

We had to stay for PD so I was exhausted by the time I got home.  But the excitement on this little angel's face made it all worth it!
Thursday we had our 1st quarter No Office Referral celebration.  Any student who didn't have a PBiS referral during the quarter got to go to the corn maze.  We had a blast!  The corn field was cut with mascots from the 4 surrounding schools...one in each corner of a football field.  Here we are in the Eagle's eye!
There was also a hayride and a hay maze. 

 We were pooped!



No comments:

Post a Comment