CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wow...what a weekend!

What happens when you mix 4 ladies that are passionate about kids, blogging, TpT, shopping and fun?  A complete and utterly fabulous weekend!

This last weekend was our Midwest Blogger Meet-up.  Here we are! 
These lovely bloggers are (left to right) Elizabeth from Mrs. Hodge and Her Kinder Kids, Kaci from Mrs. Hoffer's Spot, Jennifer from Herding Kats in Kindergarten and me. 

We started out eating at my absolutely fav restaurant, Chili's.  For 2 hours, we gabbed and traded "insider" secrets.  Believe me, I soaked up every bit of their knowledge!  Then it was off to Mardel's for a little teacher shopping.  I was so excited to snag one of these pocket charts that Kaci had guest blogged about.  Click on the picture to read all about it!  I'll be off to the Dollar Tree today to pick up some of the nifty envelopes.
Then, I got to share a wonderful place for teachers with my new friends...
If you've never been and are near one...GO!  Here's a picture we snapped inside. 

This picture does not do it justice!  The front half is divided into Constructive Playthings (dramatic play, blocks, etc) and teacher resources and the back half is entirely Oriental Trading.  We'd died and gone to teacher heaven!  We got there 30 minutes before closing, so it was a quick trip.  If you go, plan on at least an hour and a half. 
 
Then it was back to some serious non-school related (ok almost non-school related) retail therapy.  We spent the rest of the evening at Legends Outlet mall. 
I would venture to say we made a small dent.  This is 3/4 of our loot at the end of the night.

One of the restaurants is a neat place that I would have taken Little Miss called T-Rex.  Outside are cool fossils and skeletons.  Jennifer was fearless, climbing up for a closer look.  Notice the small sign in the background that reads "Do not climb on the rocks".  Ha! 
At TJ Maxx, we hit the biggest score of the night.  These games usually sell for $15, but we scored them for $4.99 a piece.  The lady at the registered asked if we were teachers and if we had cleaned them out!
How else would we end our weekend but with one more lunch, some great laughs and a little bit of facial hair?
Thanks to these lovely ladies, I laughed so hard I cried and snorted, my face muscles hurt and I had a much needed break from everyday life.  I'm so glad I did it!
 
Not only did I get to start my Spring Break right, but after returning on Sunday, I had a comment on my blog from my 100th follower!!!!  YIKES!!  How did that happen?  I was so excited!  So, check back on Friday when I'll be announcing my first giveaway, just to say thanks for following me.
 
Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment